The holiday season usually closes with the new year, but Visit Bucks County kept the Christmas spirit alive for a few extra days until the winners of TreeFest were announced.
The 10th Annual TreeFest began on Nov. 24 with a celebration and visit from Saint Claus at the Bucks County Visitors Center in Bensalem. It ended with an awards ceremony held on Jan. 5.
Twenty-five businesses and local organizations decorated trees and submitted them for display in the visitors center’s main gallery. For almost every day during that time period, the exhibit was free and open to the public, and special events, guests and performances were organized in addition to the display.
Ten of the 25 submissions were chosen and ranked as winners. Trainpops Attic, a hobby shop in Bristol Borough, took first place, with the National Shrine of Saint Katharine Drexel and Newtown Arts Company finishing in second and third.
The top 10 are listed below with their chosen themes:
- Trainpops Attic – Trainpops’ Santa Memories
- National Shrine of Saint Katharine Drexel – The Christmas Rose – Love, Fill Our World
- Newtown Arts Company – It’s a Wonderful Life
- Eddington Presbyterian Church – All God’s Creatures
- Lenox Warehouse Store – Lenox Memories Tree
- PetFotography – The Joy of Pets
- Grundy, Bristol Riverside Theatre, Bristol Borough Business Association – A Victorian Christmas in Bristol Borough
- The Plant Lady of Bucks County – A Winter Surprise
- Langhorne Coffee House – Christmas Elves on Coffee Break
- Malmark Bellcraftsmen – Every Time a Bell Rings…